The following tutorial will explain you how to soft reset iPhone 4. This procedure will cause your iPhone 4 to completely clean it’s memory of running programs. It is like forcing your iPhone 4 to be powered down and up again.
Performing a Soft reset iPhone 4 procedure has the -desirable- effect of liberating it’s memory from running apps and games that may happen to be clogging it down to crawl speed, or even completely freezing it.
Why would I need to Soft reset iPhone 4 ?
Whenever you detect a slugging or erratic behavior on your iPhone 4, it is an excellent idea to try a soft rest in order to restart it with a clean slate. Also please be reasured: the soft reset iPhone 4 procedure will not erase any data or installed apps inside it. It just resets (like turning it OFF and then ON) your iPhone 4 by force.
Steps to soft reset iPhone 4
The following steps will soft reset your iPhone 4. This will most likely solve your freezing / slow iPhone 4 problem. If it doesn’t, then you may seriously consider performing a hard reset on your iPhone 4. You can follow this other tutorial about performing a hard reset on your iPhone 4.
- Press and hold the POWER button on your iPhone 4
- while pressing the POWER button, now also press and hold the HOME button (on the front, below the screen).
- Keep pressing both buttons for about 15 seconds until the silver Apple logo appears on screen.
- Release both buttons: The soft reset iPhone 4 procedure has started!
- When your iPhone finishes, it will power off by itself.
You may find this soft reset iPhone 4 procedure quite handy, as you will probably discover that it may solve lots of “nuisances” on your beloved iPhone.